Mocha ice bombs are beautiful and incredibly sumptuous. I couldn’t believe how easy they were to make. We were away on holiday at the time so as you can imagine, I had very little kitchen equipment, nor time.
It took me 10 minutes to make the mocha ice bombs, then a few more minutes to dip them in the dark chocolate coating. By dinner time, they were ready to indulge (and we did).
TOP TIP :: If you want these to be even lower in carbs, you can use this sugar free chocolate coating instead of 90% chocolate.
If you are new to fat bombs you’ll be wondering what the heck? Why o why would we want to eat more fat? Well it is imperative too understand when we go low carb (and only moderate protein) then we want to increase our healthy fats to keep us fuller for longer. Fat doesn’t make you fat, a high carb diet does.
Read this post on low carb and this post on why we eat high fat to better understand these concepts. And remember, high fat doesn’t give you a licence to eat fried fatty unhealthy junk food, it is to eat the fat that comes with your steak, the full fat dairy, full fat coconut cream, plenty of olive oil on your salads and plenty of cheese.
Also remember, eat healthy fats ONLY until full. Only increase your healthy fats once you have lowered your carbs.
Do not eat fat to excess, stop when full and ONLY eat when you are truly hungry. It takes a while to get over our fat phobia but once you do, you will understand it is they key to satiety and appetite control.
- 1 cup / 240g / 8.5 oz full-fat cream cheese or mascarpone
- ¼ cup / 40 g / 1.4 oz powdered sweetener
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup / 60 ml strong brewed coffee, chilled
- 70g / 2.5 oz dark 90% chocolate melted
- 28g / 1 oz cocoa butter melted
- Mocha ice bombs can be made in a food processor, or in a mixing bowl using a hand blender.
- Add the coffee to the cream cheese (or mascarpone) the cocoa, and sweetener.
- Pulse or blend until smooth.
- To make the ice bomb shape, roll about 2 tablespoons of the mocha ice bomb mixture and place them onto a tray or plate lined with baking parchment.
- Mix the melted chocolate and cocoa butter together.
- Roll each ice bomb in the chocolate coating and place back on the lined tray/plate.
- Place in the freezer for 2 hours, or until set.