1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 egg yolk
1. Add the mozzarella to a bowl and microwave for 1-2 minutes, until melted.
2. Allow the mozzarella to cool for 30 seconds.
3. With a spatula, gently fold the egg yolk into the cheese.
4. Turn the mixture out onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
5. Place another piece of parchment paper on top of the dough and press down with your hand until thin.
6. Remove the top piece of parchment and cut the dough into thin strips.
7. Place the “pasta” on a rack and refrigerate for four hours or overnight.
8. Place the “pasta” in boiling water for one minute.
9. Drain into a colander and run cool water over the pasta to prevent sticking.
10. Serve with your favorite sauce.