The ever so addicting Paleo Pork Egg Roll in a Bowl (Crack Slaw). Super easy to make, and oh so satisfying.
Paleo Pork Egg roll in a bowl (Crack Slaw) as it is affectionately called, is a staple in many low carb, keto and paleo diets. Quick and easy to prepare and packed with flavor. On the table in under 30 minutes. You can’t beat that! It also reheats well, making it the perfect dish for easy meal prep. There are so many variations floating around the interwebs. It is right up there with fathead pizza recipe variations. Everyone has their own version and everyone loves it! If you are not a fan of ground pork, feel free to use ground chicken, turkey or even beef. If you have some leftover vegetables, toss those in there also. You really can’t go wrong.
ITEMS USED IN THIS RECIPE:
Pork Egg Roll in a Bowl – Paleo, Low Carb, Whole30
If you are not concerned with keeping this paleo, feel free to substitute soy sauce for the coconut aminos. You can also use tamari.
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 5 green onions, sliced on a bias (white and green parts)
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp Sriracha or garlic chili sauce, more to taste
- 14 oz bag coleslaw
- 3 tbsp Coconut Aminos or soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Rice Wine Vinegar
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Heat sesame oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the garlic, onion, and white portion of the green onions. Sauté until the onions are translucent and the garlic is fragrant.
- Add the ground pork, ground ginger, sea salt, black pepper and Sriracha. Sauté until the pork is cooked through.
- Add the coleslaw mix, coconut aminos, and rice wine vinegar. Sauté until the coleslaw is tender.
- Top with green onions and sesame seeds before serving.
Per Serving – Calories: 255 | Fat: 18.7g | Protein: 14.8g | Total carbs: 8g | Fiber 3.8g |Net Carbs: 4.2g